Thursday, February 7, 2008

pass the brownies

Today I had my 3,467th glucose test. Seriously, ALL DONE. Apparently my levels are coming back slightly elevated, but not enough to qualify as gestational diabetes. My doctor can either a: treat me for gb and have me on a restricted diet and monitoring my blood sugar or b: get the hell off my back for the last 4 weeks but I am not spending any more precious babysitting time sitting in a lab for 3 hours at a clip. And can I tell you? I don't know how people can do Atkins. No cookies, etc is one thing. But no fruit? No yogurt? And how many eggs can I possibly eat for breakfast? It just feels so....unhealthy. I have always listened to my body, always been thin and healthy, and this seems really unnatural and I don't know, fucking annoying.

Anyway - I had a big fat pity party for myself in the middle of the night last night, because I am up every hour to pee (from 11:40 to 3:40, then I sleep for two whole hours until 5:40 or so - every night, like clockwork) and my poor boy has yet another cold and so was up a few times in between there. I was working myself into a frenzy at that point, thinking of how uncomfortable I was and how little sleep I was getting and DAMN, I was thirsty and hungry and had to fast for this stupid test for the fourth time...... but at 6 I went back to sleep until 7:30 and when I woke up I was over it. Heh. Sure does make me look forward to getting up every two hours to nurse a newborn.

I do have one more little teeny rant but I think I'll save it for a separate post.

No comments: